Saturday, October 17, 2009

Whore Err Moo V's
Creepshow



In honor of our Mayor's favorite holiday (and one I'm fond of as well) lets talk about scary movies that have a special place in my heart.

This is one of the first scary movies I remember seeing on TV. I was playing Electronic Battleship with my dad. I was terrified and asked him to turn the channel. He said I could go upstairs if I wanted. I stayed. And with that, my love of horror began.

This is an anthology tale based on comics from way before my time. George Romero and Stephen King team up to bring us some tales. Some funny, some scary, all interesting in one way or another.

We've got a father who comes back to get his revenge (on Ed Harris for one). In another a poor yokel gets a bad case of fungus. A really bad case. The third story shows the serious side of Mayday Malone and Lt. Frank Dreben. Number four has a monster in a box. The last story (my least favorite of the segments) has a guy at war with bugs.

They have various degrees of success in their telling but as a whole the movie is scary and fun. Anthology films are very difficult and horror lends itself best to it. Recently another anthology tale has been released on DVD called "Trick 'R Treat". Early buzz (well it was made 3 years ago) says its good. I will find out soon for myself.








0 comments:

Post a Comment