Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Time to Nut Up
Or Shut Up

What can I say about Zombieland that will convince you to see this movie? It's probably the most I have laughed at a theater this year. At least top three. It's probably one of the few times I felt something for the characters legitimately. Again, top three.

If nothing else, like the previews highlight, this is a true roller coaster ride of a movie. From the very beginning when "Columbus" starts giving us his rules to (literally) live by, I was in. This movie doesn't need to explain zombies. It doesn't have to set up the world crumbling. The world is gone. Those remaining are out for themselves. They follow their own codes to stay alive.

There is a great nugget of joy presented to fans in this movie. I'm not going to spoil it. But if you are a male between the age of 25-50 (being generous) you'll love the second act of this film. That's all I'm going to say.

Whatever problems do exist in this film (there are a couple) they in no way bring down the level of enjoyment you'll get from this film. If you like end of the world movies, if you like horror (or can tolerate a little gore) and if you situational humor (not "jokes") then get your butt in the theater.

Did you enjoy it?
1,000 times yes.

Would you see it in theaters again?
Yep. Who's with me?

Would you rent it?
Most definitely

Would you buy it?
It will go perfectly next to my copy of "Shaun of the Dead"

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment