Friday, October 23, 2009

Whore Err Moo V's
Jaws


Thanks to this movie, I've never felt safe in the water. Who knows how many times I've seen this film. So why keep going back? Because Spielberg's technical issues helped him craft a quiet nightmare of a film. Because you take the shark out of the movie and you still have a great drama on your hands. Because the only gimmick in this film is the size and they sell it as utterly believable.

There really is no part of this film that you don't buy. I love this movie. This is the only way to finish the week. Because this is in my top 5, not just top 5 scares, top 5 total.
Now at my age, the first one of this series that was released in theaters when I was able to understand such things was part 3 (which even though it is terrible, I still quite enjoy).

But this is the high water mark. Of course it is. A small New England island town is terrorized by a silent killer. It sticks around because the people in charge are idiotic bureaucrats.
The town sheriff brings in an expert to help them out. Those top three names to my left, they are the ones doing the heavy lifting. The score by John Williams does the rest of the work. If you never want to feel safe in water, be it ocean, lake or pool then watch this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment