Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Harry Potter and the almost completed series

I'm old. "Hey, you want to go to the midnight show of the new Potter?" Totally. I love those movies. I read all the books (well, listened to the last one on my iPod, but still).

Never again.

There are movies I am willing to see at Midnight. Halloween. Manitou. The Room. But I think I'm at the point where my days of seeing new movies at midnight are over. Especially ones that open on a Wednesday. I'm not saying I didn't have a good time. There are only about 4 friends I can talk Potter with, and two of them were there. But there were also 500 teenagers. Talking, sleeping, dressed up, acting a fool. I look back fondly on those days as a kid (last year, FYI). But now as I grow into the skin of a grumpy old man, I like my space. I like my sleep.

So on to the movie. You know the story, you read the book. If you didn't, then you don't care. The only thing you need to know is that as the books got better, so have the movies. Both in their cinematic scope and story.

Also, Emma Watson will be hot in 10 years (I can't say that now without being put on an internet watch list).


Did you enjoy it?
Yes.

Would you see it in theaters again?
Yes. IMAX.

Would you rent it?
Yes.

Would you buy it?
Nerp. Can't start now. Plus the first 2 suck and you'd want a complete set.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment