Monday, July 13, 2009

Did you know Bruno & Borat are related?

The ads for Bruno are doing a good job of tying it to Borat, SBC's other character. He's now gotten all his characters on TV. That's an impressive feat. I think he should take a shot putting Ali G back on the screen. The problem with that film was he wasn't using real people. One more time to make people look like idiots.

When Borat came I out I don't think I had ever laughed that hard in my life. The ridiculous nature of how much people will put up with was astounding. I really don't think I have laughed that hard since. Bruno tries to beat that record, but doesn't quite get there. It is the same basic bare bones formula. Replace ignorant other culture man with uber homosexual. That's it. Find people to make fun of.

I won't go into any of the specific jokes. It's best to enjoy them without being spoiled in advance. I will say my favorite part was the celebrity interview on his TV pilot. My lungs still hurt from laughing.

There's really no plot, he's trying to get famous instead of learning about America. If you liked Borat and aren't homophobic (or afraid of seeing a giant penis on the screen) then you'll like Bruno.

Did you enjoy it?
Yes

Would you see it in theaters again?
No

Would you rent it?
Yes

Would you buy it?
No

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Yes

0 comments:

Post a Comment