Monday, January 11, 2010

Sherlock Holmes in DBOX!!!!!!

Over the recent holidays I made a trip to the land of purple pride. Everything is bigger up north, including their malls. And one of their theaters is outfitted with something that Chitown theaters don't, D-Box. This is a new gimmick to get asses in seats. The chairs move and shake with the movie.

First the chairs. When I was making my plans I hoped they would have had Avatar in 3D in D-Box. But apparently it wasn't in the stars. The company only does one movie at a time to program the chairs. The last one was 2012. That might have been awesome. But we got Sherlock Holmes. We experienced the feeling of riding on horse drawn carriages. Entertaining? Yes. Would I spend and extra $7 a ticket to do it again? Probably not. But I would suggest if you get a chance to do it, make sure an action movie is playing.

On to the movie. Hey, who wants to see an action movie starring Sherlock Holmes? Yeah, me neither. Don't get me wrong, overall I thought this was a good movie. But it somewhat betrays the original character. There are still the usual Sherlock discoveries and deductions. I was disappointed that the climax didn't include Sherlock talking through all the clues until he revealed the true killer. Supposedly, that isn't Hollywood enough.

Robert Downey Jr. is awesome like always in everything he does. I could watch him read a phone book. Jude Law does okay. He starts to repair the damage done by starring in 30 movies in 5 years (of which I dare you to name more than 6). Rachel McAdams is around to pointlessly keep things going. She's wasted here.

Overall, an okay movie made marginally better by shaky chairs.

Did you enjoy it?
Sure. Let's shake some chairs.

Would you see it in theaters again?
Not in expensive chairs (and probably not in regular ones either)

Would you rent it?
If they had deleted scenes where he has some more clues to solve.

Would you buy it?
No.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
No.

0 comments:

Post a Comment