Monday, June 20, 2011

Friends with Benefits (JT Vol. 1)


Oh man, this movie. First off, it is painfully close in theme to a movie we saw not too long ago. I am pretty sure I saw it, but I can't find it in the nugget archives, so maybe I spared you the pain of "No Strings Attached". If you find it, let me know.

Anyways, apparently I felt the need to see it again. So the story goes, headhunter gets a guy to work as Artistic blah blah at GQ magazine. He's from LA moving to NYC. She is the only person he knows. So they hang out. Then they become groin buddies (classy). Then they don't. Then they do. Then they're in love. Huzzah.

They also (they meaning the writers, not the characters) do this thing where they point out all the cliches of this kind of movie. They even have a movie within a movie starring Jason Segel and Rashida Jones full of every cliche (but still was not funny). But its kind of hard to laugh with them when they're doing the same thing they're making fun of. You're trying to pretend you're above it when clearly you are not.

On the plus side there is a lot of bare skin. A few funny moments, but not nearly enough to recommend it. It comes out at the end of next month. I hope it doesn't fade from my memory so I get fooled into going again.


Did you enjoy it?
Meh. Not really.

Would you see it in theaters again?
On accident only.

Would you buy it?
Nope.

Would you rent it?
Negative, Ghost Rider.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Unlikely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment