Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Repo Men


Repo Men is a movie with a lot of good ideas without great execution. With all the recent talk about healthcare reform and public option, it is topical to say the least. You can get any artificial organ. No more waiting for donors. But it's going to cost you. No insurance coverage, no problem. They will find a payment plan to meet your needs. Oh but if you're 3 months late on payment, someone's coming to get the organ. What happens to you, they're less worried about.

Briefly, let's talk about the twist (there's always a twist). For once I didn't see it coming. And I was told to be on the lookout for it. I was genuinely surprised by the ending. I'm still deciding if I like it or not (leaning towards yes). But I don't get fooled often (sadly) so I was happy to see that I didn't see it.

Jude Law. Usually I would say he's better in service as a supporting actor than leading man. But here he does a fine job. Forest Whitaker is much more interesting as an actor than a director. He's also slimmed down and is looking good. I believe these two as buddies. They both rely on each other too much and it will work against them after the second act.

Mindless usual fair, the movie looks really cool as a brief look into the future. But unless you're interested in seeing graphic removal of organs you can probably save your $11.

Did you enjoy it?
Sure.

Would you see it in theaters again?
No.

Would you buy it?
No.

Would you rent it?
Maybe. Do you have alternate endings?

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Probably.

0 comments:

Post a Comment