Thursday, March 25, 2010

At the Movies


I don't think it comes as a shock to anyone that I love movies. I'm a TV generation kid. We had HBO and Cinemax when there weren't even remotes for cable. You turned a dial that had about 50 numbers on it. That was a cable box when cable was created. So it is with a heavy heart that "At the Movies" has been cancelled.

I grew up in a town that had no movie theaters from 1986 - 1990 (ish). So really, At the Movies let me know what was out there. Those two guys let me know what I should be seeing when I did go out of town to see a movie. That information was precious for us rural folk.

I was a casual watcher of the show for many years. If it was on, I might hang on to see what they were talking about. When it became another Access Hollywood a couple years ago, I didn't watch it once. So when it went back to the old formula I immediately put it on a season pass. In August, it will end its current 35 year run (with many different versions). I suggest heading over to Roger Ebert's blog to read his personal take on the situation.

Until then, the balcony is closed.

1 comments:

DS3M said...

Very Nice Blog Chi Town Monster!
I will be returning frequently!
See you in 2 weeks?
Peace!

Post a Comment