Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fantastic Mr. Fox was...Fantastic (had to be done)

Based on the beloved book that I never read, Fantastic Mr. Fox is stop motion by one of my favorite directors. Wes Anderson's films already looked like meticulously crafted doll houses anyways, so why not do stop motion. What a great fit. I wouldn't care if Wes only did movies like this for the rest of his life. He could just do Roald Dahl stories too. Didn't he write a sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I thought I remembered reading that book.

Anyways, I'm glad this movie came out this time of year. It really put me in a good mood. "Where the Wild Things Are" is to "The Men Who Stare at Goats" as "Fantastic Mr. Fox" is to "The Informant!" That's a difficult SAT question. No wonder I did so poorly.

Back to the movie at hand. Super fantastic. Well crafted, well voice acted, visually stunning. Plus, uplifting. I really can't recommend it enough.


Did you enjoy it?
Are you cussin' with me? Of course I did.

Would you see it in theaters again?
Of course I would. I'm a wild animal.

Would you rent it?
Totes magotes.

Would you buy it?
Or get it as a birthday present? huh? huh?

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Mos Def.

0 comments:

Post a Comment