Sunday, December 6, 2009

NMH Patience First

I've finally been to the Emergency Department. Not great. Every thing's fine but man o man, I think that's one of the places you just have to experience.

I will be adhering to HIPAA but here are some things that I saw.

A girl in her 20's (maybe) with her boyfriend. He was sporting a thin mustache. She was concerned about vomiting and diarrhea. He was concerned that she couldn't lie down in the waiting area. Comments heard "Maybe next time you have diarrhea she should just stay home."

A party girl (heard not seen). Over served. She was screaming at her two friends "My mom is going to kill me when she finds out I was in the Emergency Room". She begged everyone to let her go. Comments heard "Maybe next time you don't drink so much."

Then of course there was the usual worldly traveler. Many bags. All of them filthy. Not sure what he wanted. Probably Oxycontin.

But the staff was top notch all around. Thanks for the late night courtesy, Jonah. See you never.

0 comments:

Post a Comment