Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Bloody Valentine 3-D (with special guest Tom Adkins)


My Bloody Valentine is a remake of the original horror classic (which I have not seen). This was a AICN free screening. Tom Adkins was there for a post film Q&A. I agree with Devin Faraci of Chud.com that if you're going to remake a movie, why not remake a bad one. I know that the Hollywood Machine just wants name recognition and branding. This movie is what I would consider one that could fall into that category. Again, I haven't seen the original (it's on my netflix queue), but I don't have any friends that have seen the original either.

The movie supposedly uses the opening credits to go over the original film's plotline. Sounds like a good way to start. Then we get into it. Its a slasher mystery. You are lead to believe that anyone and everyone could be the killer. When you find out who it is, they have to flashback to all the scenes shown earlier in the movie. The reason that they do it is because the killer is unbelievable. It is layed out that you rule them out and low & behold they actually are the killer.

Easily a forgettable slasher film. Currently there are commericals for it on DVD and Blu Ray and they call it MBV 3D which begs the question "does each DVD come with 3D glasses?" Or is it simply the case of the title of the movie including the term 3D. I'm not buying a copy to find out.


On to Tom Adkins. He of Night of the Creeps / Halloween 3 / The Fog. He came in and was a super nice guy. He answered every fan's question. Talked about how much he loved Fred Dekker (who doesn't). Said he wasn't friendly with John Carpenter (called him an odd bird). It was cool to hear him talk candidly.


Back to the movie:

Did you enjoy it?
Yes. Decent kills with pickaxe in 3D. Saw my first nude girl running for her life in 3D.

Would you see it in theaters again?
No. Free was plenty.

Would you rent it?
No.

Would you buy it?
No. But someone, please do so we know if it comes with 3D glasses.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Eh. Maybe to fall asleep to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment