Sunday, January 18, 2009

Marley & Me



I saw Marley & Me in early January. In talking to my roommate, he told me that it really got to him. Not saying he cried, but emotions were evoked.

The hardened man (i.e. Robot) that I am, I would concur to a lesser degree. Sure it was sad, but I'm not sure I was invested enough to really get choked up.

Based on the biographical book, its the story of people who adopt the world's worst dog. It follows them throughout their life with the dog. Now that a puppy like Marley lives in my house, the movie seems even less funny.

The main thing that drove me crazy (and this might be considered a nitpick) but if the movie takes place over such a long time is Owen Wilson really going to have the same haircut. If you look at his filmography, even he hasn't had the same haircut. Anyone remember buzz cut flattop Owen?

I will give the movie points for having a lot of real situations. But I guess that's bound to happen when the source material is real life.

Did you enjoy it?
Yes.

Would you see it in theaters again?
No.

Would you rent it?
No.

Would you buy it?
No.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Possibly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment