Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (USA)


I do not understand people. Now, I enjoyed the story told in movie (and I would guess more graphically in the book that I haven't read). But how this can become a nation's best seller, I have no idea. The things that happen here are the type of things that supposedly appall middle America (which, you know, I'm from, so forget stereotypes).

The plot for those of you living under a rock involves a disgraced journalist and a psychotic / autistic heroine solving a years old mystery. Spoiler alert, it turns out the woman who disappeared isn't dead. And one of the cousins is a Nazi murderer.

This is book one of a three book trilogy. They were all made in Sweden (the origin of the novels) a few years ago. They were released in America by Music Box Films (the distribution wing of the Music Box Theatre on Southport Ave in Chicago).

I do love what David Fincher does with these movies. I still have to go back and watch the foreign versions on Netflix Instant, but I doubt I will enjoy them anymore than what he did. It's just a dark movie with weird characters and another great Reznor / Finch soundtrack.

Did you enjoy it?
Yes.

Would you see it in theaters again?
Yes.

Would you buy it?
No.

Would you rent it?
Yes.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment