Friday, May 13, 2011

Priest 3..ah no Doy!


I didn't win passes to Bridesmaids this week... but I did get to see Priest 3D! YAY! Besides, I will gladly pay to see Bridesmaids, I hear it's awesome. And it stars my wife...

http://www.bridesmaidsmovie.com/trailerfeature/?id=1305236519943

Anyways, remember when I went to see Legion? No, well I did. Same actor, same director. Same themes (religion).

http://krullnugget.blogspot.com/2010/01/jesus-that-pt-2-legion.html

Well, this is better than that. Some decent action. No real character development. You see one of the twists a mile away and it "ends" ready for the sequel. In fact, at 87 minutes, they probably had time to wrap up the sequel in this run time.

Can we talk for a minute about how unscary fake CGI monsters are in general? I Am Legend. The book is great and creepy. The movie: a big turd. The Thor snow monster? Crap (but is killed in a cool fashion). Sightless, eyeless vampire monsters that just kind of "ROAR" at you constantly. I'm not shaking in my boots, that's for sure.

The 3D conversion was okay. Even with dark scenes, everything was visible (enough). Still, if you have the option, I'd say go 2D. And if you really have the option, go see Bridesmaids instead of this. It was written by Kristin Wiig and produced by Judd Apatow and rated R.



Did you enjoy it?
Eh.

Would you see it in theaters again?
No.

Would you buy it?
No.

Would you rent it?
No.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Nah. Well, maybe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment