Saturday, July 24, 2010

See Salt (pun intended)


Evelyn Salt was supposed to be "Edwin" Salt. It was going to be played by Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) but he felt the story was too close to Mission Impossible and did "Knight and Day" instead. I would like to thank him for that. Whatever you think of Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie, I think they both made the right choices for material. Tom couldn't have handled the accents.

What I got out of this movie is a surprise. Genuine enjoyment and intrigue. The action is well paced and all done as practically as possible. At no point did I not think Angelina was on location doing her stunts (with the help of wirework, of course). Its refreshing to have actual stunts being done.

Although nothing to write home about, there are some good plot twists that keep your full attention. The biggest complaint I have about the movie are Angelina's wigs. But I can get past those. It brought back those great feelings about cold war movies from the 80's. Remember when James Bond had a good enemy to battle every couple years? I miss those days. This is getting my "Best Action Movie" of the summer and is in good contention for the year. But we also know what kind of year we've had...

Did you enjoy it?
Yes.

Would you see it in theaters again?
Nah.

Would you buy it?
Probably Not.

Would you rent it?
Yes.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
For sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment