Monday, May 17, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon 3D

Dreamwork's Dragon (as it was called in all the commericals) is the movie that got me to the fork in the road. Yes, I saw it about a month after it came out. Yes, I did use a free pass to get in. But my Plus 1 did not have a plus one. Can you guess the amount of U.S. Currency used for her ticket? $16.50. What? I've watched movie prices almost triple in cost from when I was in college. That's absurd.

Disregarding the outrageous cost to see a movie in 3D for the general public, how was it? Well it isn't worth $16, but it is worth more than free. Maybe $8. Split the difference. Sure.

Our hero is a Viking (Purple Pride) that lives on an isolated island where they are under constant attack of dragons. There are layers of acceptance by parents to be who you are; war; friendship etc peppered in the movie.

It does look cool in 3D. But unless I get free passes, my 3D gimmick days are over. I even brought my old 3D glasses, so you can't say I should pay $5 for those!

Did you enjoy it?
Sure.

Would you see it in theaters again?
Noooooooooooooooooo.

Would you buy it?
Naaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooo.

Would you rent it?
Meh. Nope.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
If it was this vs usual daytime television, possibly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment