Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday's Alright

Man I saw a lot of good things tonight.

It is Lollapalooza, which of course means people trying to sneak into Lolla. As I was jogging on the Lakeshore path, I saw a kid jump the 10 foot fence, fall into the middle of Lakeshore Drive with oncoming traffic coming at him. Then he ran across the street (8 lanes of traffic) jumped another 4 foot fence. Meanwhile, security is running towards him. Then he jumps one more 10 foot fence and he's in. You got to give him credit for his moxy and tenacity.

As I continued I noticed a lot of people sitting on the harbor side of the path. Yep, they had set up camp in the perfect spot to see the south stage screens. We were serenaded by Cee Lo. My arrival was fortuitous because I got to hear "Bright Lights, Bigger City" and "F**k You".

On my way back from the Field Museum (part of my regular loop) I came upon the "Poor Man's Yacht Club" [actual title]. Basically its people who are still pretty rich partying dressed in all white on one of the docks by Monroe Harbor. Looked like a good time. Someone was dressed as Jack Sparrow.

Witnessed a newly wedded couple getting their photos taken on the path as well. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the man was half the height of the woman. Ahhh love, you fickle beast.

Finally, as I returned home by the River Walk I got to see people enjoying a wedding reception at the River Walk Art Center. Looks like they were having fun. Nothing special about it, just reminds me I'm getting married two weeks from today.

Also, I lost 4.2 pounds this week. Wii says I need to lose 30 more. Let's shoot for 20 more by Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment