Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Dilemma


In my experience, there are a lot of movies that show promise, but don't quite get there. "The Dilemma" is the perfect example of such. Similar to "The Break Up" (in setting, dramedy and characters) it tries to be more grounded while inserting slapstick or reactions that no human would make.

This may sound like I hated it, but I mostly enjoyed it. Ms. Nugget said to me this morning, "Dean Richards on WGN didn't like the movie because Vince Vaughn is playing himself. Who wants to see Vince Vaughn act?" And she makes a good point. I'm sure the reason the movie was made at all, was due to Vince being attached. Which makes it a blessing and a curse. You'll have VV fans going to the movie, you know what you'll get, but will you remember it as a great movie in a few years? (The answer you are looking for is "No")

I won't dwell on it and what could have been. It is painful at times to sit in the theater and think "no no, do this instead!". You could do a lot worse at the cinema this month (cough cough Season of the Witch).


Did you enjoy it?
Sure, why not.

Would you see it in theaters again?
No, I have wedding plans to make.

Would you buy it?
Nope.

Would you rent it?
Pralle not.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Yeah, I guess. They show a aerial shot of my apartment in the movie a few times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment