Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Other Guys


The Other Guys is the latest comedy by Adam McKay and Will Ferrell. This time Will Ferrell is less bafoonish and more clueless. The person they pick to balance him off is Mark Wahlberg. I feel the shine is off Wahlberg. He was believable in The Departed but little else in years. He's passable here, but barely.

The joke is while the "Bruce Willis" type action cops are running around town, Wahlberg and Ferrell are doing paperwork and chasing permit issue developers. Then the movie gets turned on it's head and look out, they are the top cops. Crazy, I know.

It sounds like I am bashing it, but really, you know what you're getting. There are plenty of laughs. Will Ferrell does this in his sleep. I still hope he continues to branch out and do more stuff like Stranger Than Fiction (one of my favs).

If you're looking for a comedy right now, I would divert you from this to Going the Distance. But I won't say you're in bad company if you see it. You'll laugh at something (my guess would be the Jackson / Johnson rooftop pursuit of criminals).

Also, I have to give props for having Ice - T narrate. Genius.

Did you enjoy it?
Yes

Would you see it in theaters again?
Nah

Would you buy it?
Pralle not, maybe.

Would you rent it?
Sure

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Of course.

0 comments:

Post a Comment