Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trading one Nightmare for Another



Sergio
Clash of the Titans smells of a film that the studio meddled. There are hints of characters that have no rhyme or reason to exist. There are loose plot threads left behind, quickly wrapped up or ignored. Case and point. There are two love interests. Neither interesting.

Sergio
I have seen the original. Other than being in awe of the original Kraken, I absolutely put the original in the category "Go Ahead and Remake It". I'd almost have preferred to have them just remake the original script with new special effects. While hammy, there was some general character development and tension.

Sergio
I'm so glad I didn't see this in 3D. I could barely follow some of the action scenes. Had they been jutting out into my face, I would have likely thrown up all over Mole. But the special effects for the most part are pretty good. The scorpions look pretty real. Although they do suffer from "Fire Horse Syndrome" in that sometimes they move super fast and some times they move super slow for no reason.

Sergio
The acting isn't terrible. The one exception is our buzzcut hero, Sam Worthington has got to go. He couldn't grow out a half inch of hair for the part. I'm not asking for Harry Hamlin flowing locks. Pete Postlethwaite looks sickly. I'm seriously worried about him.

Sergio
The look of Mount Olympus is pretty cool. The Greek Gods are okay. But again, I feel like there is a lot more that could have been done with them. Zeus has Hades release the Kraken, but I could have sworn the Kraken was a sea creature, so shouldn't he be run by Poseidon? Also, I like the look of the Kraken. He's kind of a hodge podge of sea creatures (don't ask how I know it's a he, but it is).

Also, Sergio is in this movie. At least that's what kept running through my head when I saw one of Perseus' men on screen.

Did you enjoy it?
Sure. Why not.

Would you see it in theaters again?
Nope. One free was plenty.

Would you buy it?
Nope.

Would you rent it?
Meh.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Yep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment