Friday, March 20, 2009

Watchmen (who watches them??)

I've been reading about the Watchmen since they've had the internet on computers. When in high school I was shown the Watchmen graphic novel from my friend's college age brother. I scanned through it but it was obviously way too dense for me. At the time being a small town farm boy I was unable to wrap my head around the concept. It was hard enough for me to understand how they had 10 different Superman series of comics running at the same time.

But, the excitement that was building with the internet nerds was getting me excited as well. I didn't care that they changed the end. It wasn't close to my heart. Changes were made that I'd never notice.

So how was it? I'm not sure. I enjoyed watching it. I understand it was a large undertaking. Jackie Early Haley's Rosharch was awesome. Beyond that, it just felt hollow. I am guessing that is the point.

Did you enjoy it?
Yes.

Would you see it in theaters again?
No.

Would you rent it?
Yes. But I would wait for the longer Director Cut that is supposedly coming.

Would you buy it?
If the Director's Cut made improvements, then yes.

Would you watch it if you saw it was on TV?
Probably not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment